Duration: 04 Nights | 05 Days
Destination Covering : Cochin - Kumarakom - Alleppey - Varkala - Trivandrum
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Explore the Beach and Backwater Tour of Kerala
Day 01: Arrival Cochin - Kumarakom (63km / 2hrs)
Above Tour Includes :
Arrival at Cochin Airport (assistance on arrival) and drive to Kumarakom (03 Hrs drive). Check in to the hotel. Afternoon proceeds for local sightseeing in and around Kumarakom - a tiny backwater hamlet perched on the western banks of the Vembanadu Lake. The stretch of backwater is spread over 900 sq. km. Choose a canoe, motor boat or a houseboat and devour the beauty of this backwater paradise at its best. Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Day 02: Kumarakom - Alleppey (Overnight Houseboat) (48km / 1hrs30mins)
After a refreshing breakfast, check out from the hotel and drive to Alleppey. Set out on an enchanting overnight backwater cruise in traditionally decorated houseboats. Check in time is 01:00 PM and cruise starts with lunch. While cruising in these floating luxury-villas, let your eyes settle for the rare and the unusual - skim past Chinese fishing nets, bowed-down paddy fields, and local inhabitants engaged in making coir products, rustic homes, and ancient temples and swaying coconut groves. Food will be served onboard. Overnight stay in the houseboat
Day 03: Alleppey - Varkala (130km / 2hrs30mins)
After a refreshing breakfast served onboard, check out from the houseboat and drive to Varkala (02 Hr. Drive); on arrival check-in into hotel. Enjoy the evening watching a spectacular sunset or swimming at the picturesque Varkala Beach. Overnight is to be spent at hotel.
Day 04: Varkala Sightseeing
After breakfast proceed for the sightseeing tour of Varkala - a small, peaceful place just 51 km from Trivandrum international airport and 176 km from Cochin international Airport. Varkala's main beach, Papanasam is long and golden with a stunning backdrop of red laterite cliffs from which healing mineral water springs forth. Varkala is flanked by endless beaches to the north and south. Varkala's Temple Junction is home to the ancient Janardhanaswamy Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu that was largely rebuilt in the 13th century. Overnight stay is in Varkala.
Day 05: Varkala - Trivandrum - Departure Transfer
Morning, after breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Trivandrum airport for your flight back home, feeling contented about a wonderful holiday you spent in the "God's Own Country".
Return home with memories of the ultimate holiday
Above Tours does not includes:
- 04 Nights' Accommodation in Hotel, as per Itinerary.
- Assistant upon arrival inCochin International Airport/Ernakulum Railway station, & Drop at Trivandrum International Airport/Trivandrum Central Railway station.
- 01 Night stay in Kumarakom
- 01 Night stay in Houseboat
- 02 Nights Stay in Varkala.
- Meal Plan as per Choice
- AC vehicle for Kerala Tour Package.
- All Transfers and Sightseeing throughout the Tour Itinerary.
- Any Flight | Train Fare Charges.
- Any kind of personal expenses such as Monument Fees, laundry, telephone bills and alcoholic beverages. Camera fees (still or movie)
- Anything not specified in the itinerary
- Entrance charges to places of Interest & Monuments.
- Unspecified meals etc.